Advantages of Guided Implant Surgery with SMOP
You will learn to separate fact from fiction and increase the chances of having very predictable digital Implant Planning by following the simple but unstated guidelines outlined in this course.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Avoiding common pitfalls on digital Implant Planning
- How Guided Surgery will increase accuracy
- Prosthetically Driven Implant Placement (PDIP).
Topics Covered in this Course
This course covers aspects of guided implant surgery and digital
planning using SMOP. The course outline is as follows:
- Aims and Objectives
- Basic understanding using a surgical guide
- How better accuracy can be achieved with Guided Surgery
- Digital planning – how it can help
- Hands-on training on SMOP – learn how to digitally place an implant and plan
- Best principals on how to acquire good data from VOL/DICOM and STLs from IOS or surface scanners
- When to use or not use a guide
- What is better – full guided or only pitot approach
- By the end of the day even an inexperienced clinician using digital workflow will be able to confidently plan an implant case using SMOP.
DX4016 – End of year assessment. Date to be confirmed.
Dinners being held on The 5th Sept 2019 & Sat 27th June 2020.
About the Course Speaker
Hugo Patrao is a service partner specialist for SMOP by Swissmeda with a degree in Dental Technology and is also registered with the GDC. He is involved in developing and improving the SMOP software to meet the increasing demands of the market and deliver specialised training on digital planning workflows.
In recent years Hugo has been at the forefront of dental technology, working with heads of research and development teams from around the world. He has helped deliver new dental appliances and more recently he was helping clinician incorporate new technologies and digital planning into their practices and protocols, design drilling guides and developing new drilling procedures.