This session fulfils the requirements of the HPA-CRCE-010 guidelines and the BSDMFR curriculum in relation to the IR(ME)R referrer, practitioner and operator (reporting).
You will report on 20 scans during this immersive course
Laptops are provided for all delegates.
This course addresses the theoretical elements of CBCT and includes an extensive hands on reporting aspect, covering the following topics;
- Radiation physics in relation to CBCT equipment
- Radiation protection in relation to CBCT examinations
- All apparatus and equipment
- CBCT image acquisition and processing
- Principles of CBCT imaging
- Principles and practice of interpretation of dent-alveolar 3D CBCT images
- An update on radiological anatomy of teeth and jaws relevant to CBCT
- An update on dental and maxillofacial pathology
- Radiological interpretation of dental and maxillofacial diseases
This is a 12 hour verifiable CPD session.
Dr J Makdissi FDS RCS DDR RCR
Dental & Maxillofacial Radiology
He directs the Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology programme of the undergraduate BDS curriculum.
He completed his specialist training at Guys Hospital and obtained his diploma of Dental Radiology from the Royal College of Radiologists.
He served on the Education Committee of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology. He also served as the Dental Tutor for the London Deanery at Barts Health, the Faculty Tutor at the Royal College of surgeons and as president of the Metropolitan Branch of the British Dental Association.
He is the founder and the clinical director of the Cone Beam CT Centre.
Dr Makdissi better known as Jimmy joined Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry in 2004 as a Clinical Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology.