Unique opportunity to practice examination technique for Diploma Level exams in Implant Dentistry.
The next Diploma in Implant Dentistry examinations take place in Edinburgh on 4-7th Sept 2017.
Training Standards in Implant Dentistry produced by the FGDP (UK) states:
“Before undertaking implant treatment, a dentist must develop competence in the procedures involved in clinical assessment, treatment planning, and the placement and restoration of implants. The skills and knowledge necessary for competence should be developed through a training course in implant dentistry, with a suitably trained and experienced clinician acting as a mentor.”
Recognition of such training, knowledge, and ability can be formalized through a diploma level qualification.
PM Session: OSCE Preparation
- On arrival you will be put through your paces, with a rigorous mock OSCE examination.
- This will be followed by a mock short-answer written examination. These mock examinations will be marked with feedback given on individual candidates’ performance, highlighting any gaps in knowledge and areas for improvement
- The day ends with discussions and lectures on relevant OSCE related topics and feedback on your personal performance in the mock examinations.
- By the end of the session you will feel thoroughly prepared for this component of the examination.
Followed by a course dinner – join your tutors and fellow delegates for an evening meal and further discussion.
AM Session: Coursework Component
- Individual mock oral examinations on your submitted case(s)
- Additional lectures and discussions on
- How to write up your case presentations
- Guidance for log book preparation & reflective commentary.
- How to complete a Clinical Audit related to Implant Dentistry.
PM Session: Coursework Component
- Group presentation and discussion of case(s)
- Further opportunity to discuss individual delegates’ queries in relation to course work and further hands on practice of key skills.
- Further lectures encompassing core implant subjects: surgical anatomy, bone physiology, implant components, design and surfaces
Prior to the course date, all delegates who choose to partake in the online module will be given a reading list to help prepare for the written examinations.
This revision course is a unique and exciting opportunity to be one of only 10 participating delegates to be guided by experienced clinicians and examiners, in a program that fully prepares you for diploma level examinations.
This is the only course of its kind in existence!
Please call 07801 583 539 to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org