Certificate in Implant Dentistry. Places are limited and fill quickly. Please book early to avoid disappointment
A unique course for the novice learning to place implants in practice or any dentist planning to complete the UCLan 2- year part-time MSc in Clinical Implantology. NEW Blended learning curriculum delivery for 2022
Additional requirements apply, please contact us on email@example.com for more information
Why choose this course?
Full CBCT Training (fulfils UK requirements)
Access to 2nd year of UCLan’s MSc in Clinical Implantology**
Surgical implant training day using fresh cadaver heads
Blended learning offers maximum flexibility around your work and personal life.*
NEW, Expanded curriculum for 2022
An additional 50 verifiable CPD hours are now added to this course, including:
30 hours of live webinar and discussions – Case presentations and Article reviews. Monthly, every 3rd and 4th Thursday evenings.
10 hours medicine lectures – covering all the main human systems, including Circulatory, Neurological and Respiratory.
Dental Photography course.
4 Sessions of CBCT / Radiology support – one per quarter.
Bespoke coaching or training on whatever you need for your PDP – business, clinical, practice or personal.
* this course is delivered via recorded didactic content, live webinar discussions and lectures, hands-on workshops and clinical sessions. This offers maximum flexibility for home and classroom learning which fits around your home and work life
** Subject to passing online academic module DX4017 “Utilising the evidence base,” additional clinical days, oral and written exam and a balance payment for the year 1 fees. Course fees for this course and DX4017 are deducted from the first year fees
*** Access to a Mentoring programme – if you are struggling to find your own patients, you can attend an associated Mentor’s practice for an initial 5 sessions. There, you will undergo clinical supervision in all aspects of basic level implant dentistry: from consultation and consent, to CBCT, planning, placement and restoration. Patients are provided for you. (this carries an additional fee, to cover teaching and materials)
Day 1: Treatment Planning and Case Selection
Sat 13th March 2022 Contact day.
Day 2: Basic sciences for Implant Dentistry
Sat 9th April 2022. Live webinar 9am-12pm and recorded lectures
Day 3: Implant Design and Boiomechanics
Sat 7th May 2022. Live webinar 9am-12pm and recorded lectures
Day 4: Surgical skills for Implant Dentistry
Sat 11th June 2022 contact day.
Day 5: Occlusion – basic principles
Sat 25th June 2022. Live webinar 9am-12pm and recorded lectures
Day 6: Restoring implants Day 1
Sat 9th July 2022 contact day.
Day 7: Restoring implants Day 2
Sat 10th September 2022 Contact day.
Day 8: Digital Workflow in Implant Dentistry
30th Sept 2022 & 1st Oct 2022. Day 1 blended delivery, Day 2 contact day
Day 9: Bone defects.
22nd October 2022. Live webinar 9am-12pm and recorded lectures
Day 10: Cadaver Day.
Sat 5th November 2022 Contact day
Day 11: Case Presentations.
Sat 19th November 2022. Live webinar 9am-12pm and recorded lectures
Day 12: Complications and their management, Case presentation & Final assessment.
10th December 2022 Contact day
Day 13: CBCT Masterclass 2 days, consecutive
To be completed before 30th November 2022
Testimonials – don’t just take our word for it – here are some comments from our class of 2021
- Do not hesitate! It is a brilliant course! I have done a few implant courses in the past but the strong academic aspect forces you you to work a bit more and learn the art of implantology properly. The knowledge I have gained will help me for the rest of my career!
- Go for it. Great course, great teachers. By the end of the course will have confidence and knowledge to start placing implants safely.
- Do not hesitate to join this course. You will not regret it. This course is absolutely incredible, Dr Fadi, Alan and Annemarie have been absolutely amazing. They are always on hand to help and are so approachable, I never felt in the dark.
- After completing the course you understand what a well thought-out, professional and organised processes they have put together. Even though the struggles of covid they are always one step ahead. I feel so confident in the knowledge I have gained from Dr Fadi and the visiting professors, they provide you with everything you need to succeed.
- The certificate in implantology by Dr Fadi and the team is second to none. You need to do this course.
- The separate modules enabled me to consolidate the new information before we moved to the next level. The blended learning was most certainly beneficial as we were able to refer back to the knowledge and information all the time.
- I have an implant specialist but now I will start placing implants again but more importantly I have the knowledge and the skills to treatment plan and prepare properly without worrying about errors. My confidence is much better when planning implant treatment.
- The course was run very professionally with excellent communication from Ann-Marie and the team. The teachers were clearly interested in all the candidates and their implant journey. Has a friendly but educationally robust mix to bring out the best in the candidates.
- Thank you to Fadi, Alan, Annemarie and all the professors. Cant thank you all enough for a great course. No regrets doing the course. Thank you for everything. I understand it was difficult during covid too. Cannot fault the course.
- Dr Fadi Barrak is an excellent teacher, always very helpful and always makes sure you have a clear understanding before moving on to the next topic.